Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the decision a month ago that since the value of my current car (2018 Buick TourX - very much liked it) was silly high, that now would be a good time to look towards the future. Stole the Buick 3 years ago because it sat on the lot a long time because light tan cloth interior. Paid $28k. Trade in after 52,000 miles is $21k. I figure if I could buy something new at sticker price, then it would be a victory of some sort.

So started shopping the Mach E, really is the only car in the world I'm interested in. Ford website said my dealer had 2 of them in stock. One star white, one black. Both the same, Select AWD, standard battery. White one was $600 more because of the white. This was about a week before Christmas. Stopped by and they said no, they don't have them in stock. I must be crazy. So I put my name on the list for when one comes in. A week later they called and said they are in fact going to be getting the 2 exact cars the website said they had in a few days. I attempted to explain to them the whole story and what the website said and all that, just went over their heads. Anyway, they showed up Friday, test drove Saturday, picking up the star white one tomorrow.

On my test drive, first thing I did was open the option for turning on the one-pedal driving and the salesman was surprised. He sold one to a couple that test drove it with it on and nobody knew you could turn it off. Must have made for an interested test drive.

So, sorry for all of you that have been waiting months when I got it done in less than 3 weeks. I live in an area where they probably aren't very popular. The black one is still available. Just need to visit upstate NY.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Made the decision a month ago that since the value of my current car (2018 Buick TourX - very much liked it) was silly high, that now would be a good time to look towards the future. Stole the Buick 3 years ago because it sat on the lot a long time because light tan cloth interior. Paid $28k. Trade in after 52,000 miles is $21k. I figure if I could buy something new at sticker price, then it would be a victory of some sort.

So started shopping the Mach E, really is the only car in the world I'm interested in. Ford website said my dealer had 2 of them in stock. One star white, one black. Both the same, Select AWD, standard battery. White one was $600 more because of the white. This was about a week before Christmas. Stopped by and they said no, they don't have them in stock. I must be crazy. So I put my name on the list for when one comes in. A week later they called and said they are in fact going to be getting the 2 exact cars the website said they had in a few days. I attempted to explain to them the whole story and what the website said and all that, just went over their heads. Anyway, they showed up Friday, test drove Saturday, picking up the star white one tomorrow.

On my test drive, first thing I did was open the option for turning on the one-pedal driving and the salesman was surprised. He sold one to a couple that test drove it with it on and nobody knew you could turn it off. Must have made for an interested test drive.

So, sorry for all of you that have been waiting months when I got it done in less than 3 weeks. I live in an area where they probably aren't very popular. The black one is still available. Just need to visit upstate NY.
It's not unusual for the dealers to list a car being on the lot and it's still incoming. Congrats. I've been in mine seven months and love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not unusual for the dealers to list a car being on the lot and it's still incoming. Congrats. I've been in mine seven months and love it.

I certainly don't hate you, doubt anyone else will either. You got the car you wanted and needed since you sold yours. And someone else may want a specific color, and features.
I sold my 2019 GT/CS Mustang a few weeks ago for $3,000 less than I paid while these used car prices are nutso also. Yes I will miss that baby. I have 2 other cars to use until my 2022 Premium Ex Rwd arrives, so sounds like things worked great for you. Congratulations!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was being a bit sarcastic about hating me, I tend to do that. I look forward to getting to know all of you. One thing I'm actually a bit surprised by is how many people switched from ICE mustangs to the Mach E. I haven't really thought of it as correlating in any way other than the name. Good to know that regular mustang drivers think highly of this one. Can't wait until tomorrow!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Good on you, m'friend. After waiting for months for mine, it turned out the order got screwed up by the dealer. Went to the Ford inventory website and found a slightly better car at a dealer even closer to home. Happy MME driver here . . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And at 5 degrees outside it said my range is 140 miles. Yikes. That probably has a lot to do with the regular dealer practice of going out and putting the climate control on full blast for you while we sit and sign papers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
And at 5 degrees outside it said my range is 140 miles. Yikes. That probably has a lot to do with the regular dealer practice of going out and putting the climate control on full blast for you while we sit and sign papers.
I have a Select AWD Standard range as well. We live in Seattle so it’s not super cold but in relative terms, my range definitely decreased in line with the temps (I have had my Mach-E since Sept.). The good news is that the more I drive the car, the more my stated range increases. For example, my wife and I took a road trip this past Sunday. I started that day with 170 miles of range on the guess o meter. We drive 150miles round trip. 20 left when we got to a local fast charger. Came home at 80% charge. As of today, I’m back up to 100% and the car is showing 190 miles of range. It adjusted upwards that fast. So, drive drive drive your new ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked it up! Have 4 mile drive home under my belt! View attachment 7174
Congrats man! I see you’re a Syracuse guy? Me too..that’s why I live in Jersey now! However it’s like 12° here, but without all the lake effect😀. My range at 90% charge is 165 on the eAWD Premium, which I’ve had for about 4 weeks now. Welcome to cold weather with a BEV!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually live in Weedsport. So first day, 6 degrees out, going to SU basketball game after driving around picking up my kids and their significant others. Ended up putting about 120 miles on the 100% charge (dealer charged it that much, I've adjusted) and had 30 miles left when I got home. This morning, 90% charge said 136 miles. Yikes. Hopefully I stop stomping on the go pedal soon and start to be efficient and the car numbers go up. So far, driving the car is surreal. People say that electric cars have no feel, but to me it is like there is much less randomizing going on between my inputs and the behavior of the car. It does exactly what I tell it to do. No revving, searching for gears, uneven powerbands, etc. I used to have a Volt and definitely had the electric car experience but this brings it to another level. Can't wait for a warm day with nowhere to go and no range concerns to go see what she can do. After the engine break-in period of course, right?;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually live in Weedsport. So first day, 6 degrees out, going to SU basketball game after driving around picking up my kids and their significant others. Ended up putting about 120 miles on the 100% charge (dealer charged it that much, I've adjusted) and had 30 miles left when I got home. This morning, 90% charge said 136 miles. Yikes. Hopefully I stop stomping on the go pedal soon and start to be efficient and the car numbers go up. So far, driving the car is surreal. People say that electric cars have no feel, but to me it is like there is much less randomizing going on between my inputs and the behavior of the car. It does exactly what I tell it to do. No revving, searching for gears, uneven powerbands, etc. I used to have a Volt and definitely had the electric car experience but this brings it to another level. Can't wait for a warm day with nowhere to go and no range concerns to go see what she can do. After the engine break-in period of course, right?;)
Glad to see that win against PITT brought them up to .500. Come on Jimmie/Buddie! Love the EV experience. You can imagine the crap I’m taking from the guys at the firehouse for trading in the fast back and going EV. They’re all driving big fuel guzzling pick-ups, but at least two members have said they’re going to be installing DCFC’s at their local businesses! And of course the arguments about the environmental impact of L-ION batts at end of life. Ignorance(re-cycling!). At least I’ve got them talking/thinking about EV’s! So glad to see Ford’s investments in the KY and TN EV facilities. 👍🏻

·
Registered
6 Posts
Live in VT. I keep car on charger limited to 85% charge and see around 140 miles as estimated range. Cold and hills kills range estimates. Friend with same car took it to FLA., getting around 300 miles on full charge. No hills and warm.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Live in VT. I keep car on charger limited to 85% charge and see around 140 miles as estimated range. Cold and hills kills range estimates. Friend with same car took it to FLA., getting around 300 miles on full charge. No hills and warm.
My favorite state that I actually don’t live in, but did travel from Northern NJ to the Kingdom in December. 400 mile trip that normally takes 6.5 hrs in my hybrid took about 14 hours (with both dinner stops, EA DCFC’s and ChargePoint 50kwh🤨 charger stops) in the MME eWD. Long story. Do you live in Northern or Southern?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have an update to m ownership experience. I've given the car a name. My 3 year old foster son asks to see the picture of the unicorn on the ground whenever he gets into the car (I have no idea how to intentionally make it show up). So I've decreed that I'm driving Shadowfax, Lord of all Horses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts