Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We have ordered our Mach E premium and my kids are wondering if you can watch YouTube and Netflix on the screen as in their friends Y? I have no idea...I have seen lots of reviews but not sure. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Tweens are hoping that this is a possibility when parked and waiting ...

Thanks
Day21

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
11 Posts
I'm curious about that too, for potential viewing while waiting on a charge during road trips. The only drawback is that the MME screen is oriented in portrait mode, so that seriously reduces the available viewing size for videos. I'd be surprised if it isn't ultimately available, but it won't be the same viewing experience as the landscape orientation in the Model Y. Probably not a big deal if you're sitting in the front seat, but probably not a great experience from the backseat.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,220 Posts
Hello,
We have ordered our Mach E premium and my kids are wondering if you can watch YouTube and Netflix on the screen as in their friends Y? I have no idea...I have seen lots of reviews but not sure. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Tweens are hoping that this is a possibility when parked and waiting ...

Thanks
Day21
Probably via Apple Car Share or Android Auto. I don't know that anyone has tried.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably via Apple Car Share or Android Auto. I don't know that anyone has tried.
I've not seen any streaming video through Android Auto so far.

If the kids want to watch the same show at the same time, they may need to share a tablet or large smart phone. The vehicle offers a WiFi hot spot tethering option through AT&T if one wants to go that way.

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Netflix is not one of the Apple CarPlay apps...yet. Who knows if Ford/Apple/android will add this feature.

Here is a good alternative in the meantime. My brother uses the download feature of Netflix on his children’s tablets. He and his kids ’go shopping’ for the shows they want to watch before they leave the house. This eliminates the need for a hot-spot, and each has their own shows. Less fighting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts