Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“The Mach-E compact SUV is awfully good. How good? For the first time, we have a genuine, no-excuses competitor to Tesla’s benchmark EVs. In this case, it’s up against the Model Y, and in some areas, the Ford is better.”

"The Mustang Mach-E is Ford's most important vehicle in decades — and one of the most exciting electric cars I've ever driven"

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Ford is definitely trying to win the "my screen is bigger than yours" contest. The Tesla's measure 15 inches...this - 15.5 inches. And as we all know, half an inch makes all the difference...."

-- Alistair Weaver, Editor-in-Chief, VP of Editorial, Edmunds

·
Registered
842 Posts
"Now after two brief afternoon drive sessions and about 140 miles, I can say that the Mach-E is on its way to feeling like something far more rebellious and subversive than decades of wild-horse branding. It’s a lot closer to storming the Bastille than to playing the rebel in the leather jacket...cigarette dangling from mouth, leaning against the gas pump.

Or for those who see big-displacement Mustangs as ICE-age relics, it’s a little bit like putting the fox in the hen house. An electric Mustang might enable more of the same, with 5.0-liter V-8s and burbling exhausts, but it also might write the pink slip for the gas ‘Stang a whole lot sooner."

"With such similar designs, it's obvious Ford studied the Model Y extremely closely and replicated and improved on many of Tesla's groundbreaking ideas. In many cases, Ford seems to have leveraged its years of practice and economies of scale to make the Mach-E's interior a bit nicer than the Model Y's at the same price point, and that's certainly welcome. Tesla still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, but Ford is coming up fast."

·
Registered
378 Posts
All these reviewers having fun hanging the back end out while Jalopnik complains about understeer. I guess that's what happens when you have you junkyard jeep expert review a car.

·
Registered
842 Posts
All these reviewers having fun hanging the back end out while Jalopnik complains about understeer. I guess that's what happens when you have you junkyard jeep expert review a car.
Then afterwards he sneaks in that the Mach-E GT will be able to turn off the stability control.

·
Registered
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
325 Posts
My favorite thing from the reviews was that I learned that the door will not close on your fingers, if you grasp the door edge to open it, because of a built in safety stop included by Ford. Also that many reviewers have preconceived notions of build restrictions that must be applied to anything with the name 'Mustang'.

·
Registered
842 Posts
"Power on oversteer baby!"

In the InsideEVs podcasts they say"for an electric crossover this has that same spirit, it wants to slide around, it's got a lot of rowdiness...What that really means is when you throw it into a corner, put your foot down, even in an AWD version, it allows the back end to slide around"

That happens at the 8:25 mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts