Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,477 Posts
What's with the 8199 serial number....rather high for a first edition? I thought serial numbers were at least somewhat in order. Is that your First Edition?
Yes that is the window sticker Ford sent me. I ordered a Rapid Red First Edition.

Do not know if VIN ending in 8199 is high, low or in the middle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my email last night. Registered 11/19, ordered 7/20, scheduled build date was 12/14 so the built date was about 2 weeks late. Email says my Rapid Red FE should be at my dealer in Maryland between 2/6 and 2/12

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have an earlier vin on my non-FE order. I don't think we should read too much into them. It's probably because I converted my reservation a few weeks before JTK placed his order... But who knows. His was still built first (vin number does not dictate build order).

·
Super Moderator
2,288 Posts
What's with the 8199 serial number....rather high for a first edition? I thought serial numbers were at least somewhat in order. Is that your First Edition?
It sequential on how orders are accepted into production. Even though its a FE, its still considered a premium by the VIN.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked before, do these notifications come direct from ford, or do you have to rely on the dealer for status updates?
Mine came directly from Ford.

Last Thursday I contacted me dealer by email, confirming delivery from Ford, and asked him to get back to me about terms of financing, incentives, terms of the Option Plan and RCL.

I am still waiting to hear from him.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine came directly from Ford.

Last Thursday I contacted me dealer by email, confirming delivery from Ford, and asked him to get back to me about terms of financing, incentives, terms of the Option Plan and RCL.

I am still waiting to hear from him.
looking at posts here, it looks like about 3 months from order to getting the car? Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
looking at posts here, it looks like about 3 months from order to getting the car? Is that correct?
I do not know as I reserved in November 2019, converted in July for production in December for delivery in mid February.

Although my order is for a First Edition, it is not First Production. Premium models have already been delivered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No. An order placed in July should end up having a delivery in February. At least that's my situation. I don't even have a "Built" notice for a car scheduled to be built on 12-21-20.

·
Registered
95 Posts
No. An order placed in July should end up having a delivery in February. At least that's my situation. I don't even have a "Built" notice for a car scheduled to be built on 12-21-20.
My First Edition order was entered in June, built 12/16 and scheduled to deliver mid February. I am in NY so distance from Mexico appears to be a major factor for delivery.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,229 Posts
Definitely not!
It's about 2 months from when the order goes to the plant to delivery.
There is a long line of reservation/order holders ahead of any new order.

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
89 Posts
I just got an email from Ford this morning:

Freedom and exhilaration are just around the corner! We are excited to inform you that your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition is on its way to your dealership. Congratulations!

Our current estimate for delivery to Romeo Ford Of Kingston, Llc is between January 28 2021 and February 3 2021. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery.

I confirms my VIN. Let's see how long it takes for me get get my Freedom and Exhilaration!

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,662 Posts
It sequential on how orders are accepted into production. Even though its a FE, its still considered a premium by the VIN.
Last four on my Premium VIN 9673 converted to an order in July original build week of 7 Feb. then pushed back to 21 Feb. Fingers crossed they don't delay it again. Any news on vehicles heading for the West?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Last four on my Premium VIN 9673 converted to an order in July original build week of 7 Feb. then pushed back to 21 Feb. Fingers crossed they don't delay it again. Any news on vehicles heading for the West?
Here's an update from the East. My FE VIN 06096 delivering mid February to NY. It's all about location.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I just got a pleasant surprise. My FE order was updated from mid February delivery to last week in January. I'll take that!!!

Just received the following email from Ford for my First Edition:

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E First Edition is delivered to Biener Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of February 9 2021 and February 15 2021 has been updated to between March 24 2021 and March 30 2021.

Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle.

Thank you.

I guess I will have to call my car a "Second or maybe Third Edition"!

My chronology was reserved in November 2019, converted in July 2020, build date December 6.

Wonder what problems Ford discovered that need to be corrected?

21 - 40 of 117 Posts