Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

201 - 220 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if the Atlanta auto show had something to do with that. Big shows in big cities and move a lot of product.
One thing I learned, though, in speaking with a rep from Hyundai, is that Georgia is not a green state. I did not know that the people have to vote on that. So, at the auto show here they had only the Mach-E (display only) and one other EV from someone else. Hybrids were abundant, but as for pure EVs, the rep said, they don't waste time on bringing in...like, if I was interested in the Hyundai Kona EV, I have to go to another state to test drive and buy one. That said, the KIA Niro EV is available, but that car's styling has missed the mark for me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
One thing I learned, though, in speaking with a rep from Hyundai, is that Georgia is not a green state. I did not know that the people have to vote on that. So, at the auto show here they had only the Mach-E (display only) and one other EV from someone else. Hybrids were abundant, but as for pure EVs, the rep said, they don't waste time on bringing in...like, if I was interested in the Hyundai Kona EV, I have to go to another state to test drive and buy one. That said, the KIA Niro EV is available, but that car's styling has missed the mark for me.
That's crazy. Although I've actually heard that with the Kona, Hyundai is sending most of the production to Europe where there's more demand, and they don't want to put cars on dealer lots just to sit there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would also like to test drive a KonaElectric (I don’t like the Niro) and couldn’t find any around Austin, which is the most EV friendly city in the south. I expanded my search and the nearest dealerships to central Texas that have Kona EVs are in California. I also learned from a Hyundai dealer the dealers are force shipped products by the manufacturer so they just get what they get. I realize EVs are much lower volume than ICE but it’s disappointing a manufacturer who claims to be all in for an electric future has decided to make their EVs available only in certain regions (batter supply issues aside).

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
214 Posts
I've read elsewhere - might have been in this thread, that the first 4,000 numbers were reservation numbers for dealers. As I reserved as soon as the launch was over, I am feeling pretty good about a reservation number of 42XX. Do I have reason to continue my optimism as perhaps one of the first less than 300 to reserve?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've read elsewhere - might have been in this thread, that the first 4,000 numbers were reservation numbers for dealers. As I reserved as soon as the launch was over, I am feeling pretty good about a reservation number of 42XX. Do I have reason to continue my optimism as perhaps one of the first less than 300 to reserve?
It certainly sounds like you're close to the top of the list. Keep us posted if you hear anything first.

I know when I talked to the Ford marketing guy in Chicago that he said they'd plan to have a car in each state, so that could impact you if you're in a state with a lot of other reservations.

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
214 Posts
It certainly sounds like you're close to the top of the list. Keep us posted if you hear anything first.

I know when I talked to the Ford marketing guy in Chicago that he said they'd plan to have a car in each state, so that could impact you if you're in a state with a lot of other reservations.
Absolutely! Anything I find out I will be sure to post. I sent my dealer an email today (probably useless) asking if there was any new info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Less than 4,000 remaining. Will be interesting once they hit 50k orders to see how Ford handles it. Reservations closed at that point except for cancellations? Time will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow! That's very high! The highest number I've seen yet. Hey @Moose just to clarify on the doc you made, did you say that you expect 4,000 of the 50k to be for Ford, or do you expect 4k to be beyond the 50k number. Just trying to figure it out. Right now it looks like the Mach-E is 80% sold.
I speculated early on that when no one posted a reservation # under 4000 that those first 4000 numbers could be for dealer demos, crash test cars or other Ford purposes. I assumed each of the reported 2,100 Mach-E certified dealers would need one or two demonstrators so the 4000 number makes sense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that I am back from vacation I will be adding reservation #'s to the spreadsheet. I have not seen a number over 10040000 to confirm the 41,000 figure from electrek.

·
Registered
695 Posts
So I got in touch with Ford and their response was useless. They said the pre-order numbers are not sequential (even though they really seem like it).

"We are not sharing detail on total numbers of reservations at this time other than that the limited edition First Edition reservations bank is full and we expect around 50,000 global sales of Mach-E in the first 12 months of production."

They really didn't answer my question of what happens when they see 50k orders.

201 - 220 of 298 Posts