Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the seats on production models be the same as on the prototypes? In my opinion after sitting in a prototype, the front seats seems a bit short and flat with limited side support. Could we expect/hope for any improvements?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the initiative!

Like MachDrive I would very much like an answer to this question: How many units will they be able to realistically deliver this calendar year? All of the first and premium pre-orders?

I add one question: Are there any hopes for a roof rack and added towing weight?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey everyone. Just catching my breath here. Jason had some decent info, but as usual, a lot of "we can't discuss this yet" responses.

Some simple answers first:
Q:"Is there a blind to close the panoramic roof"
A: No. It's a uv protected glass that doesn't yet UV rays through. Ford is confident it will not heat up the cabin. Jason said they are well aware that keeping heat OUT of an EV is critical to overall performance

Q: Are there foglights
A: There are not.

Q: Any swag?
A: Not yet. They are talking with their licensing team right now and should have info in Q1. I asked if we could get some... he said he couldn't commit to that yet. But I'll talk to the PR folks and see if we can get some.

Q: Any changes planned on the production model, like better seats?
No: No. They're pleased with the response they've had so far from potential customers.

Q: Will more units go to Europe
A: Deliveries will start in Europe first. (Did we know this already). This is due to new regulations like in California, where brands will be prevented from selling cars unless they sell zero emissions models. So to meet those regulations, countries like Norway will be first. After that, volume of models will be determined based on demand.

Q: What deliveries will take place in Q4? Just the First Edition?
A: First Edition will be delivered in Q4 as well as some Premium, Select, and Calif Route 1 models. He also added that all 50 states will get Q4 deliveries, regardless of the reservation number. They want to make sure that it's not just a bunch of models all getting shipped to California.

Q: When exactly will the GT model be delivered?
A: Jason wouldn't commit to an EXACT number, but did say it would be late Spring or early Summer.

I'll get to more soon, but the answers are more complex, so I'll need some time to transcribe my recording.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A few more:
Q: Will orders and deposits placed in spring be refundable if we are unhappy with test drive in fall?
A: While the original deposit is with Ford, once an order has been filled out, it's with a dealer. So it will be up to the dealer to decide.

Q: If current first edition reservation orders back out, will they be opened again to current reservation holders?
A: Yes, though he didn't provide details on how.

Q: Will Ford do anything to keep dealers from adding mark-ups for reservation holders?
A: Ford doesn't set pricing, so ultimately it's up to dealers.

Q. What exactly do the reservations represent? Do reservation holders get some priority or "lock in" for orders?
A: Yes, reservations lock in your place in line. Based on reservation number. These people will be contacted (soon?) to build their specific model. At that time, anyone who has pre-ordered a trim can select a different one (except the First Edition versions as they are sold out). Jason also said that more options than originally stated would be available to add on at that time!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Q: How will the ordering process will work?

A: We’re not far away from that time when we’ll communicate to all our customers that have reservations that it’s time to take action, to confirm your specifications. When we took a reservation we don’t allow any changes to the reservation, but when we open up the order bank and turn those reservations into orders, customers will have the opportunity to change their specs if they like: Color, RWD to AWD, Battery pack, etc.
When reservation gets turned into an order, Ford refunds the deposit. If the dealer that the order is booked with requires a deposit, that will be up to them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's a more detailed one. Sounds like info is coming SOON to reservation holders. Plus, it sounds like they have an interesting new "lease-type product"

Q: When is more info coming and what about financing and lease rates?
A: Full quotes from Jason: "Very soon we’ll update the website to include more product detail. We’ll also be emailing and communicating with anyone who has a reservation about the product, some of the cool insights and next steps in the ordering process.

We take a concerted effort to not inundate people once they give us permission to contact them.

We will start contacting folks in the first quarter to prep them for what’s next in terms of ordering, to also share details about the vehicle, some of the cool things coming, some new options on the vehicle.

We are close to announcing our go to market strategy including APR and lease product offerings.

When we start to convert reservations to orders and assign schedule dates for the models to go through the factory we will announce purchase and lease product offerings.

We’re going to have a product that behaves like a lease; a way to put the customer in control and claim the federal tax incentives.

People like leasing because it’s a nice short trade cycle and allows you and allows you to turn the keys in and try something else after a shorter period of time than owning. This product will allow you to do that but it will allow customers to claim the tax incentive on their own.

So when you lease the fed tax incentive is often signed over and put into the deal at the time of the transaction. We’re looking at a product that behaves a lot like a lease but allows the customer to decide if they want to claim the tax incentive and decide if they want to put it into the monthly payment or take that tax incentive later and use it for something else. When you do a lease you normally sign it right into the deal, we’ll do something that allows you to claim it later on your taxes."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Q: Will the Mach-E live up to the mileage claims Ford has promised.
A: EPA will do final evaluations, but, "We’re confident in our estimates and we look forward to having the EPA test it."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Q: What about self-driving capability and over-the-air updates?

A: "We have highway assist coming. It will be part of an overall bundle that will have other features with it. "
"We have the ability to keep the vehicle fresh and provide features and changes to the vehicle.
(We poked him to see if he meant just telematics updates, etc. or if Ford could adjust the powertrain via OTA. He repeated his answer.... which isn't a "no".)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Q: What about self-driving capability and over-the-air updates?

A: "We have highway assist coming. It will be part of an overall bundle that will have other features with it. "
"We have the ability to keep the vehicle fresh and provide features and changes to the vehicle.
(We poked him to see if he meant just telematics updates, etc. or if Ford could adjust the powertrain via OTA. He repeated his answer.... which isn't a "no".)
At two minutes and forty seconds into this video the Director of Electrification for Ford Europe indicates that more than just telematics can be updated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A few more:
Q: Will orders and deposits placed in spring be refundable if we are unhappy with test drive in fall?
A: While the original deposit is with Ford, once an order has been filled out, it's with a dealer. So it will be up to the dealer to decide.

Q: If current first edition reservation orders back out, will they be opened again to current reservation holders?
A: Yes, though he didn't provide details on how.

Q: Will Ford do anything to keep dealers from adding mark-ups for reservation holders?
A: Ford doesn't set pricing, so ultimately it's up to dealers.

Q. What exactly do the reservations represent? Do reservation holders get some priority or "lock in" for orders?
A: Yes, reservations lock in your place in line. Based on reservation number. These people will be contacted (soon?) to build their specific model. At that time, anyone who has pre-ordered a trim can select a different one (except the First Edition versions as they are sold out). Jason also said that more options than originally stated would be available to add on at that time!
The reservation numbers are out of order though. I ordered a GT and then ordered a Premium 5 days later and it was around 1,000 lower reservation number than my first one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When will the Mustang Mach E Shelby be out? And will those that want to be able to upgrade to it? Or will there be any options for those that own, received or ordered a Mustang Mach E?
Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, maybe. haha.

I'm sitting down with Jason Mase who oversees Ford Electrification Marketing Strategy tomorrow at the Chicago Auto Show.

Send me your questions and I'll ask him. I can't promise answers, but I'll see what I can do.
Is there any marketing effort to regularly reach out from Ford to those of us who have a Mach E reserved in an effort to educate us on EVs and keep us excited?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there any marketing effort to regularly reach out from Ford to those of us who have a Mach E reserved in an effort to educate us on EVs and keep us excited?
I actually got an email yesterday from Ford -- no new information, but at least a little reminder that they know we are here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saying that "Ford doesn't set pricing" sounds like a cop out to me. While that may technically be true, Ford could certainly take action to heavily punish dealerships who choose to price gouge. If Ford allows this to happen, they will just be giving market share back to Tesla and validating Tesla's direct to consumer business model. It is in their business interests to fight back against dealerships as it will ultimately harm their own business interests if they don't.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I can confirm Ford is reading the forum, but I'm not sure HOW closely.

Just to let everyone know, I did the interview and posted most of the replies already. There may be a few stragglers I can still answer. So I'll try.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Saying that "Ford doesn't set pricing" sounds like a cop out to me. While that may technically be true, Ford could certainly take action to heavily punish dealerships who choose to price gouge. If Ford allows this to happen, they will just be giving market share back to Tesla and validating Tesla's direct to consumer business model. It is in their business interests to fight back against dealerships as it will ultimately harm their own business interests if they don't.
I think that's one of the reasons Tesla has been so successful. I'm not a fan of the dealer model.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts