Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Is there any marketing effort to regularly reach out from Ford to those of us who have a Mach E reserved in an effort to educate us on EVs and keep us excited?
A few posts above I outlined what Jason said. They'll be reaching out "soon" with new info and will start more regular communications on info about the product, new options and how and when to lock in your model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some simple answers first:
Q:"Is there a blind to close the panoramic roof"
A: No. It's a uv protected glass that doesn't yet UV rays through. Ford is confident it will not heat up the cabin. Jason said they are well aware that keeping heat OUT of an EV is critical to overall performance
First of all, thanks for organizing this Q&A for us.

Second, I'm still unhappy with this approach to the roof and I want Ford to know that. In warmer climates, like Southern California, where many of their customers will be, and places like Arizona, where I live, during parts of the year the sun beams down with enough intensity that you really want an opaque shade so you don't feel the sun on the top of your head. This may not be an issue around Dearborn, but it is absolutely an issue for me here in the Southwest. I will be looking for solutions including fabricating some sort of interior cover cut to the shape of the roof. The best solution, that doesn't require re-engineering the roof, is for Ford to assign a team in the accessories department to make a roof cover accessory for those of us who would like one. I'll pay $200 for an OEM accessory that solves this issue. They could even add a big Mustang logo on it so that when you look up you're reminded of the Mustang heritage, or something cool like that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
First of all, thanks for organizing this Q&A for us.

Second, I'm still unhappy with this approach to the roof and I want Ford to know that. In warmer climates, like Southern California, where many of their customers will be, and places like Arizona, where I live, during parts of the year the sun beams down with enough intensity that you really want an opaque shade so you don't feel the sun on the top of your head. This may not be an issue around Dearborn, but it is absolutely an issue for me here in the Southwest. I will be looking for solutions including fabricating some sort of interior cover cut to the shape of the roof. The best solution, that doesn't require re-engineering the roof, is for Ford to assign a team in the accessories department to make a roof cover accessory for those of us who would like one. I'll pay $200 for an OEM accessory that solves this issue. They could even add a big Mustang logo on it so that when you look up you're reminded of the Mustang heritage, or something cool like that.
Glad I can help. And I agree with you, I have NO IDEA how that glass can prevent the heat. I've spent time in Phoenix in August when it was 118... and that's just brutal. I'll make sure to mention it to everyone I talk to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad I can help. And I agree with you, I have NO IDEA how that glass can prevent the heat. I've spent time in Phoenix in August when it was 118... and that's just brutal. I'll make sure to mention it to everyone I talk to.
Thank you, much appreciated. Hopefully you've had a chance to visit us when it isn't 118!

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Phoenix, there are a ton of Model 3s. I see at least two a day, every day. They have panoramic roofs that are heavily coated to reject IR/UV and have no cover and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. So I'm not too concerned myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Phoenix, there are a ton of Model 3s. I see at least two a day, every day. They have panoramic roofs that are heavily coated to reject IR/UV and have no cover and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. So I'm not too concerned myself.
For the Model 3, Tesla actually developed two OEM accessories to address this issue -- a roof front sunshade ($75), and another roof sunshade for the rear ($90). Tesla claims the cover blocks two-thirds of the incoming sun. That means there is definitely still sun coming in, despite the roof coating, enough for Tesla to develop their own accessory. Many Model 3 owners have reported the usefulness of this cover after feeling the top of their head heat up.

"Constructed of lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame, the Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade further reduces heat transmission into the cabin by blocking two-thirds of solar thermal load. Easily removable, the sunshade is installed onto the interior of the glass roof with provided clips. When removed, the shades collapse and store in a handy pouch."

If Tesla can make an accessory, why not Ford?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the 1st Edition . Unfortunately it looks like to take advantage of the tax incentives I would need to order a different model. Or Negotiate the price just below $60K so I can take advantage of all the available rebates. The MSRP for that option puts it over $60,000 and I lose $2500 in cash rebates. And tax incentives What will be the lease options?
just my opinion , but the like the grill in the GT model way better than the others. I would look cool and be a great Marketing / branding if the mustang symbol was back lighted .

·
Registered
19 Posts
If Tesla can make an accessory, why not Ford?
They can. I'm just saying it may not be necessary as it is coated, unlike traditional sunroofs. Ford also stated somewhere that it reduces heat transfer more than a metal roof.

I guess I'm just being optimistic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If dealers try to sell the cars above the MSRP then I would post it on this site and send all examples to Austin TX to show the legislators that the dealer franchise laws are not consumer friendly!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the 1st Edition . Unfortunately it looks like to take advantage of the tax incentives I would need to order a different model. Or Negotiate the price just below $60K so I can take advantage of all the available rebates. The MSRP for that option puts it over $60,000 and I lose $2500 in cash rebates. And tax incentives What will be the lease options?
just my opinion , but the like the grill in the GT model way better than the others. I would look cool and be a great Marketing / branding if the mustang symbol was back lighted .
The official MSRP (before options which should not count) is just below $60K precisely so you could get that rebate.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts