Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I´ve been in Hamburg, Germany last Friday to join the first offical Ford "Go Electric" Event in Germany, where I had the chance to take a ride in the MME. I´ve been there with some guys of an german car magazine and had the chance to talk to the "Chief Engineer" for the MME in Europe. He told me that Ford has about 8000 reservations of the Mach E across Europe. He also mentioned that they are planning to get the first vehicles to customers in germany by the end of january/start of february.
That makes me wonder if we really already reached the 50K mark globally. What´s your opinion on this one?

·
Registered
623 Posts
In the other mache forum there is a Ford employee who has posted that Ford has exceeded the initial 50,000 number of orders, and that they have managed to get some more batteries from LG in korea. He works in US so doesn't know about european numbers, but I would be very surprised if the number of reservations in Europe is that low.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,950 Posts
I´ve been in Hamburg, Germany last Friday to join the first offical Ford "Go Electric" Event in Germany, where I had the chance to take a ride in the MME. I´ve been there with some guys of an german car magazine and had the chance to talk to the "Chief Engineer" for the MME in Europe. He told me that Ford has about 8000 reservations of the Mach E across Europe. He also mentioned that they are planning to get the first vehicles to customers in germany by the end of january/start of february.
That makes me wonder if we really already reached the 50K mark globally. What´s your opinion on this one?

From other postings, 30,000 of the 50,000 were to go to Europe. 8,000 reservations is rather poor and of course we do not know how many of the reservations were converted to orders and the how many of the orders will convert to actual sales.

But more important, having taken a ride in the MME, what is your impressions? If you are familiar with the Tesla Model Y how does it compare?

So far in the states the only thing we have seen are Ford promotinals: no independent review of any kind.

·
Registered
70 Posts
From other postings, 30,000 of the 50,000 were to go to Europe. 8,000 reservations is rather poor and of course we do not know how many of the reservations were converted to orders and the how many of the orders will convert to actual sales.

But more important, having taken a ride in the MME, what is your impressions? If you are familiar with the Tesla Model Y how does it compare?

So far in the states the only thing we have seen are Ford promotinals: no independent review of any kind.

The number of 8000 seemed quite low to me, too. I guess that´s part of what we in this forum call "lack or poor communication" from ford. I´m not taking these numbers for granted. They told me they are suffering a lot PR-wise because of Corona. But i still believe that Ford will impress us when we are getting our MME´s.
A few words from my expirience.

Exterior:
As I haven´t seen the car in person before, i was quite impressed how much sporty and "muscular" it looks compared to pictures. And I mean that in a positive way. The hood shows nice muscles and overall the exterior looks pretty impressive to me and turns lots of heads. Regarding height, it´s definitely more SUV than sedan (which is a good thing imho).
Interior:
A few of you have seen it in person, too. To me the interior looked much more "upscale" then I would have expected from Ford. The seats are pretty comy, the materials give it a modern but also "warm" feel to it. I haven´t seen the Model Y in person, but the Model X and Model 3. I like the interior of the MME much better, because it´s clean on one hand but not i dont´t had that "sterile" feeling i have sitting in a Tesla. The center Screen was impressive, too. Not just by it´s size, but of it´s usability and it´s responsivity.
Ride:
Last but not least...I had loads of fun. We we´re only allowed to drive it within the city of hamburg for about an hour, but it was enough to get a good glimpse of how nice the ride is and that there is more than enough power if you need or want it. Accelaration was impressive and we had some fun doing some small "traffic light races" ;) It surely feels more aggresive than a Audi E-Tron for example. There´s definitely a nice "punch" to it, that I would to repeat over and over again :) By the way...we had the AWD with the large battery (346 HP).

I hope you guys enjoy(ed) some of the short impressions.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,252 Posts
The number of 8000 seemed quite low to me, too. I guess that´s part of what we in this forum call "lack or poor communication" from ford. I´m not taking these numbers for granted. They told me they are suffering a lot PR-wise because of Corona. But i still believe that Ford will impress us when we are getting our MME´s.
A few words from my expirience.

Exterior:
As I haven´t seen the car in person before, i was quite impressed how much sporty and "muscular" it looks compared to pictures. And I mean that in a positive way. The hood shows nice muscles and overall the exterior looks pretty impressive to me and turns lots of heads. Regarding height, it´s definitely more SUV than sedan (which is a good thing imho).
Interior:
A few of you have seen it in person, too. To me the interior looked much more "upscale" then I would have expected from Ford. The seats are pretty comy, the materials give it a modern but also "warm" feel to it. I haven´t seen the Model Y in person, but the Model X and Model 3. I like the interior of the MME much better, because it´s clean on one hand but not i dont´t had that "sterile" feeling i have sitting in a Tesla. The center Screen was impressive, too. Not just by it´s size, but of it´s usability and it´s responsivity.
Ride:
Last but not least...I had loads of fun. We we´re only allowed to drive it within the city of hamburg for about an hour, but it was enough to get a good glimpse of how nice the ride is and that there is more than enough power if you need or want it. Accelaration was impressive and we had some fun doing some small "traffic light races" ;) It surely feels more aggresive than a Audi E-Tron for example. There´s definitely a nice "punch" to it, that I would to repeat over and over again :) By the way...we had the AWD with the large battery (346 HP).

I hope you guys enjoy(ed) some of the short impressions.
Cheers
Paul
Awesome report. Thanks.

What did you think of visibility out the back when looking through the rearview mirror?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awesome report. Thanks.

What did you think of visibility out the back when looking through the rearview mirror?
Thank you @ChasingCoral!
I'm happy that you liked it.
To be honest, due to the shape of the car, the visibility out the back window isn't the best. But I've seen worse.
All in all to me the rear view camera and it's picture on that giant screen is what I am going to trust in when backing up etc. Unfortunately I haven't tested if it's possible to switch up the rear view camera while driving forward.
I think that visibility through the back window is a problem a few modern cars share. Mercedes EQC for example. Awesome car (range sucks), but imho poor visibility through the back window.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Thank you @ChasingCoral!
I'm happy that you liked it.
To be honest, due to the shape of the car, the visibility out the back window isn't the best. But I've seen worse.
All in all to me the rear view camera and it's picture on that giant screen is what I am going to trust in when backing up etc. Unfortunately I haven't tested if it's possible to switch up the rear view camera while driving forward.
I think that visibility through the back window is a problem a few modern cars share. Mercedes EQC for example. Awesome car (range sucks), but imho poor visibility through the back window.
Great, thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great, thanks.
I also realized that I use the rearview mirror very rarely. Maybe because I used to use a camera for e.g. backing up. The only times I use the inside mirror is on the highway to see when someone seems to be too close behind me. For that case, the view in the MME is more than enough.
By the way @ChasingCoral: there was one car in grabber blue, too. Awesome colour!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I also realized that I use the rearview mirror very rarely. Maybe because I used to use a camera for e.g. backing up. The only times I use the inside mirror is on the highway to see when someone seems to be too close behind me. For that case, the view in the MME is more than enough.
By the way @ChasingCoral: there was one car in grabber blue, too. Awesome colour!
And especially with a fully functioning BLISS in both mirrors, the blindspots are much less of an issue.
Love that Grabber Blue.

·
Registered
Star White Premium AWD ER
35 Posts
I just called my dealer and he said he’ll call me back tomorrow since he will know from ford the state of my order and he will be able to give me an estimate of when i’ll have the car. He also noted that the delivery would be somewhere in december and it would include all mach-e model except the GT. I’ll keep you in touch of any news!

·
Registered
Star White Premium AWD ER
35 Posts
Okay I just had the call from my dealer, since the production are really slow, if everything stay good, I should have my MME third week of january. I ordered my Premium 4X MME November 21 2019 and it will be for next year here in Quebec. He doesn’t expect any demo this year too but if they recieve one, they will call all their customers.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Just received the following email:

"We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 7 2020. "

I assume with the Christmas/New Year's holidays, trucking to Long Island, that means delivery mid January 2020.​

My order number is XXXX5870

Reservation date November 17, 2019

Order date July 2, 2020

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just received the following email:

"We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 7 2020. "

I assume with the Christmas/New Year's holidays, trucking to Long Island, that means delivery mid January 2020.​

My order number is XXXX5870

Reservation date November 17, 2019

Order date July 2, 2020
Congrats. I am seeing a pattern when it comes to NY. Right now, I see three of us have build schedules for week of Dec 7. I have Red FE also.

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
125 Posts
Congrats. I am seeing a pattern when it comes to NY. Right now, I see three of us have build schedules for week of Dec 7. I have Red FE also.
I just got my build date! My reservation was made on 11/17/19, order was placed on 6/30/20 and my order number is 100075xx

We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 7 2020.

I'm wondering how long it takes to produce, certify and ship to New York. Need to plan for tax incentives!!!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
On another thread, the production was given for November 30 for a Premium - not First Edition and not Rapid Red.

Other First Editions were scheduled for production on December 21, three weeks after the Premium and two weeks after the Rapid Red First Edition.

From this I suspect that production is based on color not whether it is a Premium or a First Edition: Three of us same production dates, same color rapid red.

For those of us who are paying a $3,600 premium to get the First Edition before the other models, this may be disappointing.

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
125 Posts
On another thread, the production was given for November 30 for a Premium - not First Edition and not Rapid Red.

Other First Editions were scheduled for production on December 21, three weeks after the Premium and two weeks after the Rapid Red First Edition.

From this I suspect that production is based on color not whether it is a Premium or a First Edition: Three of us same production dates, same color rapid red.

For those of us who are paying a $3,600 premium to get the First Edition before the other models, this may be disappointing.
And VERY annoying!

·
Registered
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
112 Posts
I try to reach my dealer but no answer yet. I have a rapid red too but I have only a select so I don't expect much.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
And VERY annoying!
Without the benefit of being "first" by months, I am beginning to question whether it is better to wait and get the Premium LR AWD at a later date, hopefully with early production kinks worked out, and save $3,600!

81 - 98 of 98 Posts