Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
33 Posts
Hi everyone. Just a note that Ford sent us an email regarding this. So it looks like they're prepared to keep accepting reservations.

"Customer reservation numbers for Mustang Mach-E are not sequential production numbers. We are not sharing detail on total numbers of reservations at this time other than that the limited edition First Edition reservations bank is full and we expect around 50,000 global sales of Mach-E in the first 12 months of production. All other derivatives remain available to order."

·
Registered
14 Posts
AMAZING!

@Moose where did you get this most recent member from? He's not on here is he?
The last reservation 10050002 was from the other website that also has a thread for reservation numbers. The color identifying the website on the spreadsheet should have been blue. It is interesting that Ford has responded to our speculation about sequential reservation numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone. Just a note that Ford sent us an email regarding this. So it looks like they're prepared to keep accepting reservations.

"Customer reservation numbers for Mustang Mach-E are not sequential production numbers. We are not sharing detail on total numbers of reservations at this time other than that the limited edition First Edition reservations bank is full and we expect around 50,000 global sales of Mach-E in the first 12 months of production. All other derivatives remain available to order."
I guess we will now have to figure out what the Ford statement means. Ford not sharing reservation data, which is their prerogative, just means people having an interest in how much Mach-E interest is out there will model what is happening based on limited data. Kind of like what the people modeling the future of the Covid-19 virus are doing with the lack of test results.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The way I read it, it seems like Ford is more worried that people will get the idea that the Mach-E is sold out, and then NOT order one. And they definitely don't want that happening.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The way I read it, it seems like Ford is more worried that people will get the idea that the Mach-E is sold out, and then NOT order one. And they definitely don't want that happening.
I would assume they want to continue to take reservations in case people who have reserved earlier cancel.

·
Super Moderator
512 Posts
I would assume they want to continue to take reservations in case people who have reserved earlier cancel.
Also, to have customers ready should they get their hands on additional batteries. Either way, i agree they don’t want to discourage more potential orders.
50,000 sales is the goal (with built-in contingencies) for a truly profitable product launch with the MMe. Me thinks they will succeed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Also, to have customers ready should they get their hands on additional batteries. Either way, i agree they don’t want to discourage more potential orders.
50,000 sales is the goal (with built-in contingencies) for a truly profitable product launch with the MMe. Me thinks they will succeed.
Agreed. It's great to see they've "sold out" before the first model even gets delivered. In fact, before they even take real orders.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
540 Posts
Welcome. Another day-of-release reservation? Have you entered your information into the two reservation trackers?

·
Registered
366 Posts

We all recognized early on that the reservation numbers are incremental but I suspect that they are not sequential. That is, it is unclear if the numbers increment by 1. I am not sure why they wouldn't be, but Ford has been pretty insistent that the speculation on reservation numbers is incorrect for a while now. If Ford truly had that many reservations, I would think that they would crow about it. There's a reason ads are constantly screaming "limited offer" and "get them before they're gone": the perceived value of something goes up as the demand for it goes up as well. It would probably actually help their conversion rate of reservations if people knew that by not converting their reservation they might have to wait until the 2022 model year (and possibly miss out on the full federal tax credit). The only reason I can see for them not "declaring victory" at this point is if they only had a fraction of the 50K reserved.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess classic that the last digit is a check digit of the first digits. This would create cracks.

There are probably also different number ranges for US and Europe. different sales figures are also planned.

Maybe someone should make 2 reservations almost simultaneously and check the reservation numbers. then revoke both.but i don’t think it’s really clarity.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We all recognized early on that the reservation numbers are incremental but I suspect that they are not sequential. That is, it is unclear if the numbers increment by 1. I am not sure why they wouldn't be, but Ford has been pretty insistent that the speculation on reservation numbers is incorrect for a while now. If Ford truly had that many reservations, I would think that they would crow about it. There's a reason ads are constantly screaming "limited offer" and "get them before they're gone": the perceived value of something goes up as the demand for it goes up as well. It would probably actually help their conversion rate of reservations if people knew that by not converting their reservation they might have to wait until the 2022 model year (and possibly miss out on the full federal tax credit). The only reason I can see for them not "declaring victory" at this point is if they only had a fraction of the 50K reserved.

So if this is a direct quote from Ford, they are saying that production will not be in the order of reservations. That makes sense since there are GT models with low reservation numbers and they also said that the GT model will be the last model produced. There will be dealer models which we don't know what trim those will be produced up front, they will be making First Edition models, and some of the Premium models before the Select models. So I would hope that within a given trim level they will make the lowest reservations numbers first. Then we do not know the timetable and the balance between the European and North America deliveries. Reports on Tesla Model 3 say there may have been 23% cancellations. While MME cancellations may not be that high we have reports on this list of members who have 2 reservations. So I see no reason why Ford would not continue to take reservations beyond the 50,000. I don't see Ford making any promises until they actually get the models rolling off the assembly line this summer, hopefully. Lot's of unknowns here.

·
Super Moderator
512 Posts
...The only reason I can see for them not "declaring victory" at this point is if they only had a fraction of the 50K reserved.
I believe Ford does indeed have more than 50k reservations. But they would be foolish to deter additional reservations by saying the are ‘at maximum ’ or ‘sold-out’
If they estimate 80% conversion rate, they can safely take another 10000 reservations and be able to meet actual orders.
Ford’s contract with LG chem will supply enough battery components to produce at least 50k MMe (they have additional supplies allocated to EV Transit). If product demand greatly exceeds estimated projections, they may try to procure additional batteries from LG chem to sell additional units.

Ford is being Very careful not to overstate any capacities, capabilities, quantities or timelines for fear of accusations they are trying to falsely influence investors, customers and regulators. They do not need anything to detract from the product’s success.

I hope we see many more of our 800+ members sharing their reservation info, even if rounded to the nearest 100. The more data, the more accurate the result.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Even with the Chinese Virus hysteria and temporary downturn in the markets,
there is still a Lot of buyers for a $60,000 EV who wouldn’t even notice the purchase on their bottom line balance.

Forbes Oct 22, 2019
The U.S. leads the world in the number of millionaires. America has added 675,000 new millionaires over the past year, bringing its total to 18.6 million people.
Over the last year, the number of international millionaires swelled to about 47 million.
China added 158,000 new millionaires in this period, raising its total to 4.5 million.
And you don’t need to be a millionaire to afford the Mach-E.
I don’t think Ford is going to have any problem selling that first year production of only about 50,000 cars.
And remember only about 20,000 are available for the US / Canada market and about 30,000 for the EU.

Hopefully, LG Chem Poland will be able to increase their battery allotment to Ford allowing a much higher production.

241 - 260 of 292 Posts