Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
893 Posts
I keep seeing the term 'converted', but since I have heard nothing from my dealer I don't know what that means. I placed my reservation for a Premium RWD on 8/11 and got order number 10385297. I have no way of knowing if that is good or bad. Guess I ought to talk to my dealer.
Because you ordered your Mach E after the ordering system opened in late June, yours is an order. Those of us who reserved Mach Es before the ordering system opened later, have either converted our reservations to orders or have not yet converted.

Reservations numbers are all 10,08x,xxx or below. Direct orders are above 10,1xx,xxx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, we have recently obtained documents further confirming the October production start date for the Mustang Mach-E. A slide showing the projected monthly production numbers for all of Ford's models now has the Mach-E listed with a production of 3,200 units in October and 4.000 in November. Unfortunately, it doesn't go any further than that, so we cannot tell how quickly the production rate will rise, but 4,000/month already almost gets Ford to their 50,000/year mark.

Ford Mustang Mach E Looks to Start Production This October
My order number is 100089xx. If this is any indication of sequential order numbers, I’ll have by the end of December 2020. We shall see!!

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
My order number is 10008916. If this is any indication of sequential order numbers, I’ll have be the end of December 2020. We shall see!!
Lucky you. My number is something like 100023xxx. If they don't increase monthly production, i could be waiting until April 😞

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lucky you. My number is something like 100023xxx. If they don't increase monthly production, i could be waiting until April 😞
I personally no longer expect to see an MME on my driveway before August 2021. Order 35xxx. If they had a 20,000 limit for NA and 30,000 for Europe due to parts, I no longer expect to see an MME at all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I personally no longer expect to see an MME on my driveway before August 2021. Order 35xxx. If they had a 20,000 limit for NA and 30,000 for Europe due to parts, I no longer expect to see an MME at all.
The reservation numbers where intertwined for Europe and the US, so you will still definitely get a 2021. That might not be until the spring, but you will get one

·
Registered
93 Posts
The reservation numbers where intertwined for Europe and the US, so you will still definitely get a 2021. That might not be until the spring, but you will get one
Most probably. The issue is the extra orders they've been and are currently accepting. With the pre-conversion orders running from 4000 through 80,000 I had originally expected that the order numbers were not consecutive and that I was somewhat ahead of 50% of the 20,000 NA destined vehicles. With the confirmed order numbers apparently being 80,000, I no longer believe the order numbers were nonconsecutive and I think I'm still just ahead of the 50% mark. But I could roughly number 36,000 out of 20,000, if you follow the "logic". ;)

Honestly though @timbop, I do not think Ford would be accepting orders for 2021 models if they could not obtain all the parts needed --there's just no win in a scenario of too many orders and not enough parts. Just means I think I'll be in a much later run now. 2 months from the end of its production process until it arrives out here is a conservative estimate. No earlier than June. August is a safer bet. Depending on the actual delivery date that is bordering on an 18 month wait.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Most probably. The issue is the extra orders they've been and are currently accepting. With the pre-conversion orders running from 4000 through 80,000 I had originally expected that the order numbers were not consecutive and that I was somewhat ahead of 50% of the 20,000 NA destined vehicles. With the confirmed order numbers apparently being 80,000, I no longer believe the order numbers were nonconsecutive and I think I'm still just ahead of the 50% mark. But I could roughly number 36,000 out of 20,000, if you follow the "logic". ;)

Honestly though @timbop, I do not think Ford would be accepting orders for 2021 models if they could not obtain all the parts needed --there's just no win in a scenario of too many orders and not enough parts. Just means I think I'll be in a much later run now. 2 months from the end of its production process until it arrives out here is a conservative estimate. No earlier than June. August is a safer bet. Depending on the actual delivery date that is bordering on an 18 month wait.
This assumes a very high conversion rate. Which is good for Ford, but bad for our patience.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hi all, we have recently obtained documents further confirming the October production start date for the Mustang Mach-E. A slide showing the projected monthly production numbers for all of Ford's models now has the Mach-E listed with a production of 3,200 units in October and 4.000 in November. Unfortunately, it doesn't go any further than that, so we cannot tell how quickly the production rate will rise, but 4,000/month already almost gets Ford to their 50,000/year mark.

Ford Mustang Mach E Looks to Start Production This October
thanks for the post. I was hoping for 4k per week, not per month...

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Because you ordered your Mach E after the ordering system opened in late June, yours is an order. Those of us who reserved Mach Es before the ordering system opened later, have either converted our reservations to orders or have not yet converted.

Reservations numbers are all 10,08x,xxx or below. Direct orders are above 10,1xx,xxx.
Two questions: (sorry ;))
You seem to have inside info from the plant: do these numbers seem correct to you?
And what is the first reservation number that will be delivered to a real live customer, as opposed to a dealer? Is it 10004000?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
893 Posts
Two questions: (sorry ;))
You seem to have inside info from the plant: do these numbers seem correct to you?
And what is the first reservation number that will be delivered to a real live customer, as opposed to a dealer? Is it 10004000?
Thanks!
Sort of. Assuming the first reservation number given out to the public was 10004000 (could have been 10004001), that is the first place in line. However, there are some important other factors:
What package was 10004000?
Has it been converted to an order?

In reality, it appears that 10004000, 10005000, and 10006000 (and maybe even 10007000) were available simultaneously at the time of the release. That means that for the first few days, numbers are sequential within each block with multiple simultaneous blocks.

If 10004000 was a First Edition reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, then yes, it should be the first produced among the public reservations.

If 10004000 was a Premium reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, it should be the first produced after all the First Editions. Probably two or three weeks after the first FE.

If 10004000 was a Select or CA Route 1 reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, we really don't know. Originally these weren't supposed to come out until 2021 but that's been changed. At some point, Ford has to switch from producing North American deliveries over to EU/UK deliveries. We don't know if the NA Select and CA Route 1s come before or after the EU/UK FEs and Premiums.

For more, see my latest at Production runs & line output guesstimates and the post after it.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Sort of. Assuming the first reservation number given out to the public was 10004000 (could have been 10004001), that is the first place in line. However, there are some important other factors:

In reality, it appears that 10004000, 10005000, and 10006000 (and maybe even 10007000) were available simultaneously at the time of the release. That means that for the first few days, numbers are sequential within each block with multiple simultaneous blocks.

If 10004000 was a First Edition reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, then yes, it should be the first produced among the public reservations.

If 10004000 was a Premium reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, it should be the first produced after all the First Editions. Probably two or three weeks after the first FE.

If 10004000 was a Select or CA Route 1 reservation and it was converted to an order by the 8/31 cutoff, we really don't know. Originally these weren't supposed to come out until 2021 but that's been changed. At some point, Ford has to switch from producing North American deliveries over to EU/UK deliveries. We don't know if the NA Select and CA Route 1s come before or after the EU/UK FEs and Premiums.

For more, see my latest at Production runs & line output guesstimates and the post after it.
Thank you for a very complete answer. I appreciate it.

Plus, it's good news for me... ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts

If it helps with your If Then equations, Mine is 4028 and I converted my Reservation (11/17) to an order (7/1). This is for a First Edition Gray

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
If it helps with your If Then equations, Mine is 4028 and I converted my Reservation (11/17) to an order (7/1). This is for a First Edition Gray
Just looked mine up. Its 10026654.
I have such a long wait ahead of me...☹

·
Registered
93 Posts
That one is easy. First day, First Edition. Unless you live somewhere that they have to send it via Pony Express, you’ll see the car this year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The order ID dispenser might be shared with Bronco orders and other things unrelated to Mustang Mach-E.
Yeah, order numbers after the ordering opened up are different. Before that? I’m not entirely convinced they weren’t sequential. But I’ve been know you be wrong.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The order ID dispenser might be shared with Bronco orders and other things unrelated to Mustang Mach-E.
Yes, it is likely the same database behind the scenes, so the incremental sequence number field is common between the models.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts